Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red-Hot Pictures from Another World (story)



On my journey through the solar system, I traveled for a year in perilous temperatures to photography the stars, the asteroid belt, and Jupiter. As the youngest man to go to outer space I proved that not only adults can go to outer space but that kids can too. In the year of 2010, I went on the ship to outer space with a group of astronauts. They wanted take pictures the stars, the asteroid belt, and Jupiter but they needed a good photographer to show them how. That’s where I came in. With a sky so clear, the stars looked even more beautiful up close, making me snap pictures like crazy. Stopping right in front of the asteroid belt, we took tons of pictures. The asteroids seemed like they were going faster than the speed of light, and they were. We were really careful not to get hit. After weaving our way through the asteroid belt we went to Jupiter. I have no idea how we actually made it through without getting blasted by the asteroids. Jupiter was one red-hot planet, which made it too sizzling for us to land on so we had to fly around it to get our pictures. Planet Jupiter is so big that it took one month to travel around it, but it didn’t seem long at all. Time really flies when you are having fun. Before we knew it nearly a year had passed, we were running low on fuel, and we had to return to Earth. It was a great experience for me and I took over a thousand pictures.

Image source: http://education.jlab.org/

7 comments:

Wes said...

Nicely done, Ya Ya... I see where Mom gets her talent from :-D

Teri said...

Wow, I felt like I was right there with you. Are you sure you didn't really travel through space? :)

Deb said...

Mesmerizing story. Thanks so much for sharing!
Deb

Dylan Fergus said...

That was great! Did you write it for school or just for fun?
Dylan

jkhenson said...

Wow, that is very good writing! I'm very impressed! Writing runs in the family, hm? :)

Kurt in Boston said...

Very cool! Did you know that two of Jupiter's moons, Europa and Callisto, are thought to be the most likely places to find life in our solar system? (Besides here on earth of course!) I like to imagine a big fish swimming in an ocean underneath the ice that covers Europa. I wonder what it would look like?

LindaC said...

Hello Mr. Ryan,
Just cleaning out my Internet links and came upon you site. Hope life is treating you well!!! Love, Tia Linda

Post a Comment